Monday, August 6, 2012

An at home day

Today was a mostly at home day - which although not my favorite thing, it was necessary and ended up being very productive! As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband and I are restoring / updating our 1960 ranch home. The more work we do to this place, the more botch jobs we discover, unfortunately from previous owners. I just keep picturing everything when it's done and it gives me the energy to forge ahead - I know it will be so worth it in the end.

We bought the house the beginning of April and were fortunate enough to be able to have all the wall to wall old and dirty shag carpet removed and the oak hardwoods underneath refinished before we moved in.

Here is a little photo montage of my daughters room - before and after. Now I know Pottery Barn Kids is not mid century modern, but I figure, it's ok, she's four. Isabella's aunties in Saratoga Springs were super generous in hooking her up with a room full of Pottery Barn, but I am most proud of my Salvation Army queen double post headboard find for $20!!





Isabella loves her new bedroom!


Since then we have done a lot of painting, tearing down of nasty wallpaper (the folks who lived here is the 80's did a hell of a job to this place), taken down massive trees in the back and front yards and right now we are in the process of a new kitchen - which was not really in the first 6 month plan. There are lots more updates and finds I will be sharing along the way! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment