Monday, August 20, 2012

Holy Bouckville!

So the second half of our getaway to central New York proved much more exciting! Sunday we woke up and headed to the Rosemond Gifford Zoo - which I believe was named the Syracuse Zoo back when I was a kid. This is a pic of my husband Ryan and my daughter Isabella outside the zoo. It was a great time. My daughter's favorite exhibit was the penguins. I think I liked the elephants the best...




On our way back home my husband suggested we take the scenic way home. I loved the idea since i am always up for taking back roads than highways. Highways can be so boring! We head south of Syracuse and pick up Route 20. We begin heading east, passing through a couple towns and then we run right into the town of Bouckville - at the very start of Antique Week... What?? We seriously drove straight into my idea of heaven!



Antique Week, which this year was August 13-19 is New York's largest antiques and collectibles event. The vendors were literally in the set up process when we went through so we didn't have to pay to walk around and it wasn't mobbed with shoppers. Technically the show didn't start until the following day.

Now I was with my husband and four year old, so I couldn't spend hours and hours walking around - or frolicking as I was doing in my head! We were quick, yet I got a great view of some super interesting things as well as people. Next year I'll make a plan to go to this, but I was happy to have gotten a little taste of it this year. My husband even had a little fun and almost bought a vintage 1970 Velosolux French bicycle with a motor. Here is a pic of the dealer showing him how to run it!


Here are more pics of some fun items at the show


 


Ryan did not end up buying the bike, however I did spend $10 on 4 Staffordshire Colonial Blue dinner plates - my grandmothers set that I inherited.


I was pleased with a price of less than $3 a piece. After Isabella notified us that she was starving, we started looking for a diner type place to satisfy our hunger. We came upon Quacks, which was just what we were looking for! Great food, great prices and great service! If you're in the Bouckville area, you must eat at Quacks. Outside of Bouckville residents were taking advantage of the upcoming traffic. We saw many individual sales outside the town. Isabella has recently had an obsession with Peter Pan - here she is at Quacks with a McDonalds Madame Alexander toy Peter Pan we found for $1.




our last garage sale stop - which I had to swear to my husband, would truly be the last stop - I found an awesome vintage George's Briard enamel canister set with matching tea pot and serving tray! I paid $30 for 6 pieces and they look fab in my almost finished mid century kitchen! Here is a pic of just the canister set.


So our trip ended up doing just what we needed - a welcome distraction to the non pregnancy news. On that front, we have decided to take some time off from the fertility drugs. I'm focusing on my home and my family and my online selling. Isabella starts a pre k-K class at a new school so we will have even more on our plate!  I've also registered for the eBay on Location conference in early September so I'm looking forward to that. Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment