Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Italian Pottery, who knew?

As any seasoned thrifter will know, Italian pottery adornes thrift store shelves almost daily. A lot of it is not very valuable, but some of it as I recently discovered, is highly collectible. I saw a set of three interesting mugs at a local thrift store recently. They got my attention with their interesting designs and use of bold colors. I looked at the bottom - Desimone, Italy. I quickly look up on my eBay for IPhone app - and wouldn't you know it, I stand to make a few bucks on these. And at $.70 each, you can't go wrong! Here is a picture of the mugs.




I listed them on eBay separately starting at $14.99 plus shipping. You can view each listing here




Also here is a link to more info on artist Giovanni Desimone and his work

Hope that helps some of you when out shopping at thrift stores or garage sales. Follow my blog for loads of future tips on what's hot in vintage items and collectibles and get notified via email when I write a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment